Education Support Worker - Bank Staff
Department: Student Support and Wellbeing
Campus: Bispham Campus
Salary: £16,880 – £19,118 pro rata
Hours: TBC per week
Closing Date: 12/12/2108 - 23:59
Interview Date: 18/12/2018
Summary of Responsibilities:
Working as part of a cross-College team of people supporting students with learning difficulties and/or disabilities to achieve autonomy and a positive self image grounded in being able to operate as independently as possible, contribute to their environment and achieve success on their courses.
1. Negotiate attainable targets and timescales with students which relate to their personal progression at College and regularly review and record progress towards these.
2. Work with tutors to enable them to develop coherent, cohesive strategies for the management of the student’s whole development whilst on a course.
3. Work in the workroom, laboratory, workshop/studio, library or other spaces as required, including around the campus, with students on such activities as (this list is not exhaustive):
- note taking or scribing (as required)
- student directed writing
- acting on communication support with teachers and others
- assisting with manual tasks
- reading aloud
- text checking
- working with assistive technology
- supporting in examinations including invigilation where appropriate
4. Support students in out-of-class activities such as (this list is not exhaustive):
- Mobility and the use of Hoists (training will be provided)
- obtaining food & drinks
- employability skills, for example timekeeping, handling money
- personal development skills
- the development of appropriate communication skills (sometimes interpreting)
- provide assistance to enable students to feed themselves
- provide assistance to enable students to access toilet facilities
5. To maintain accurate records of support under the direction of Coordinators, Specialists and Managers.”
Standard Responsibilities for all positions in B&FC
- To fully adhere to all college policies and procedures.
- Take appropriate responsibility to ensure the health and safety of self and others.
- Pursue the achievement and integration of equality and diversity throughout all College activities.
- Blackpool and The Fylde College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff to share this commitment.
- To show commitment to the College and its internal and external customers.
- To work co-operatively with colleagues at all times.
- Undertake any other tasks and responsibilities appropriate to the level of this post.
Reward and Benefit Package
To view our full reward and benefit package, please visit our Benefits section.
How to Apply
To apply for this post please complete an Application Form and Application Support Form, once completed please send to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also consider the closing date of this vacancy. If you have any queries please do not hesitate to contact us.