Trainer - Fire Fighting & Fire Safety
Campus: Fleetwood Nautical Campus
Salary: £26,132 - £30,304 pro rata
Hours: Various per week
Contract: Bank Staff
Closing Date: 17/02/2019 - 23:59
Interview Date: 22/02/2019
This post is for BANK Staff which is a casual post with hours to suit the needs of the college.
If you have any queries about the role, please email email@example.com.
Come and work at Blackpool & the Fylde College where you can enjoy a generous benefits package:
- Continuous Professional Development (CPD) opportunities
- Free courses*
- Competitive pension scheme
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Flexible working hours
- Free 'healthy' breakfast- (dependant on campus)
- Family friendly policies
- Access to mental health support and advice
- Free eye tests and healthcare schemes
- Free car parking
- Starbucks - dependant on campus
- Food outlets catering for a variety of choices
Summary of Responsibilities:
To assist in the development and delivery of Oil & Gas, Maritime, Renewable and Land Based firefighting and fire safety courses
1. During 37 hours per week of managed time to deliver both practical and theoretical training sessions to a range of customers and clients. This may include delivery in classrooms, coastal craft (at sea), environmental training tank, hot fire training and may also include immersion in water.
2. To be fully conversant with course regulations and specifications for the defined area thus ensuring conformity and best practice.
3. To devise a range of effective training materials, including on line materials
4. To undertake assessment
5. To provide effective feedback to clients
6. To undertake evaluation to drive improvement
7. To write training courses and specifications as required
8. To assist in the directed development and delivery of related programs.
9. To liaise with other staff to ensure a high standard of learning.
10. To assist with securing quality improvement within the School
11. To assist with monitoring student enrolment, success rates and take remedial action where necessary, this will include final assessments where necessary.
12. To use effectively the systems used in College (electronic or otherwise) to ensure student success, i.e. e-registers, Moodle, internal verification etc. (This list is not exhaustive).
13. To attend recruitment activities such as interviews, Open Days and exhibitions, which may include weekend or overnight stays.
14. To maintain an awareness of Health and Safety at all times and ensure that students are aware of safe practices and procedures.
15. To maintain professional knowledge up to date through attending staff development, industry seminars, appropriate reading, and other activities.
This job description is current at the date shown and may be amended after consultation and agreement between management and the post holder
Standard Responsibilities for all positions in B&FC
- To fully adhere to all college policies and procedures.
- Take appropriate responsibility to ensure the health and safety of self and others.
- Pursue the achievement and integration of equality and diversity throughout all College activities.
- Blackpool and The Fylde College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff to share this commitment.
- To show commitment to the College and its internal and external customers.
- To work co-operatively with colleagues at all times.
- Undertake any other tasks and responsibilities appropriate to the level of this post.
Reward and Benefit Package
To view our full reward and benefit package, please visit our Benefits section.
How to Apply
To apply for this post please complete an Application Form and Application Support Form, once completed please send to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also consider the closing date of this vacancy. If you have any queries please do not hesitate to contact us.