Apprentice IT Service Desk Technician
Department: IT Services (LITS)
Campus: Bispham Campus
Hours: 37 per week
Contract: Fixed Term
Closing Date: 16/12/2018 - 23:59
Interview Date: TBC
An exciting opportunity has become available for an apprenticeship role in our busy IT department to earn whilst you learn. Blackpool and the Fylde College hosts an array of facilities and benefits for you to enjoy whilst you complete your apprenticeship with us including...
- Generous annual leave entitlement of 30 plus bank holidays
- Sports facilities, including a fully-equipped Gym (Bispham Campus)
- Flexible working hours
- Free 'healthy' breakfast- (dependant on campus)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee wellbeing spaces
- Access to a wellbeing garden (Bispham campus)
- Family friendly policies
- Access to mental health support and advice
- Free eye tests and healthcare schemes
- Free car parking
- Starbucks - dependant on campus
- Food outlets catering for a variety of choices, including Level 6 restaurant (Bispham Campus)
- Access to discounted on-site facilities including:
- Hair and beauty treatments
- Office and printing services
Summary of Responsibilities:
To ensure the effective and efficient provision of IT Services and to assist with providing an outstanding level of customer service.
- To provide first and second-line IT support
- To participate in the workflow of multiple IT teams.
- To undertake any other agreed or associated duties to support the administration work in IT as requested by the Head of IT.
- Although primarily based at the Bispham Campus you may be required to undertake these duties in any of the college's administration offices across campuses.
- To work flexible hours when required and on some occasions at late notice and undertake early morning and evening duties at time of peak workload.
- Developing teamwork and participating in team meetings.
- Participating in staff development activities.
- To work towards and contribute to the corporate aims of the college.
Standard Responsibilities for all positions in B&FC
- To fully adhere to all college policies and procedures.
- Take appropriate responsibility to ensure the health and safety of self and others.
- Pursue the achievement and integration of equality and diversity throughout all College activities.
- Blackpool and The Fylde College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff to share this commitment.
- To show commitment to the College and its internal and external customers.
- To work co-operatively with colleagues at all times.
- Undertake any other tasks and responsibilities appropriate to the level of this post.
Reward and Benefit Package
To view our full reward and benefit package, please visit our Benefits section.
How to Apply
To apply for this post please complete an Application Form and Application Support Form, once completed please send to email@example.com. Please also consider the closing date of this vacancy. If you have any queries please do not hesitate to contact us.