Specialist Practitioner - Graphic Design
Department: Creative Arts and Digital Industries
Campus: University Campus
Hours: 37 per week
Contract: Maternity Cover
Closing Date: 14/12/2018 - 12:00
Interview Date: TBC
Come and work at Blackpool & the Fylde College where you can enjoy a generous benefits package
- Continuous Professional Development (CPD) opportunities
- Support in obtaining teaching qualifications*
- Performance Review Scheme
- Free courses*
- Career progression opportunities
- Competitive salaries that are benchmarked across the sector taking in to account AOC recommendations
- Occupational pension schemes with College contributions up 16.48% for Teachers Pensions Scheme and 14.4% for Local Government Pension Scheme
- Generous annual leave entitlement of 30, 35 or 42 days (dependent on contract), plus bank holidays
- Flexible working hours
- Free 'healthy' breakfast- (dependant on campus)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee wellbeing spaces
- Childcare vouchers
- Credit Union
- Family friendly policies
- Access to mental health support and advice
- Free eye tests and healthcare schemes
- Starbucks - dependant on campus
- Food outlets catering for a variety of choices
- Access to discounted on-site facilities including:
- Hair and beauty treatments
- Office and printing services
Summary of Responsibilities:
To co-ordinate and assist in the development of effective learning for students. This will involve facilitating learning and training across all levels of qualifications and modes of attendance offered within the School.
A balanced workload from the following:
- To provide information, advice and guidance and to and enrol students onto courses.
- To instruct, assess, and supervise students on specified programmes within the area. This will include helping students to use equipment, find materials, explain set work, help solve problems and suggest different approaches.
- To facilitate learning in the delivery of programmes and assessment in classrooms/laboratories/workshops/learning resource areas and other learning environments.
- To prepare, adapt, organise and maintain learning resources/ and or equipment
- To set up the learning environment and undertake the day to day maintenance and repair of equipment, where appropriate. Undertake the monitoring of physical resources with particular attention to health and safety
- In accordance with schemes of work, instruct students in line with ILPs and curriculum plans, which have been designed with/and for them.
- To be fully conversant with programme/course regulations and specifications for the defined area thus ensuring conformity and best practice.
- To support and develop on-line assessment and materials as directed.
- To produce and carry out as directed, the organisation and administration appropriate to the learning situation including the marking of registers and the submission of other returns and records.
- To accurately complete administrative returns, reports and assessments as required and provide relevant information for students’ tutorials.
- To assist with securing quality improvement within the School.
- To contribute to students’ personal development and responsibility for their own learning, and encourage self-advocacy.
- To support students through the learning process and associated assessment activities.
- To assess, monitor and mark students’ work and allied activities.
- To assist students with action planning and recording achievement.
- To attend team, School and other appropriate meetings as required.
- To participate in any training appropriate for the role
- To contribute to the ongoing development of schemes of work and curriculum plans.
- To co-ordinate and participate in the internal verification and/or moderation of student work and allied activities.
- To undertake health and safety checks and to maintain an awareness of Health and Safety at all times to ensure that students are aware of safe practices and procedures.
Standard Responsibilities for all positions in B&FC
- To fully adhere to all college policies and procedures.
- Take appropriate responsibility to ensure the health and safety of self and others.
- Pursue the achievement and integration of equality and diversity throughout all College activities.
- Blackpool and The Fylde College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff to share this commitment.
- To show commitment to the College and its internal and external customers.
- To work co-operatively with colleagues at all times.
- Undertake any other tasks and responsibilities appropriate to the level of this post.
Reward and Benefit Package
To view our full reward and benefit package, please visit our Benefits section.
How to Apply
To apply for this post please complete an Application Form and Application Support Form, once completed please send to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also consider the closing date of this vacancy. If you have any queries please do not hesitate to contact us.