Assistant Academic Registrar
Department: HE Directorate
Campus: University Campus
Hours: 37 per week
Closing Date: 20/01/2019 - 23:59
Interview Date: 28/01/2019
Come and work at Blackpool & the Fylde College where you can enjoy a generous benefits package
- Continuous Professional Development (CPD) opportunities
- Support in obtaining teaching qualifications*
- Performance Review Scheme
- Free courses*
- Career progression opportunities
- Competitive salaries that are benchmarked across the sector taking in to account AOC recommendations
- Occupational pension schemes with College contributions up 16.48% for Teachers Pensions Scheme and 14.4% for Local Government Pension Scheme
- Generous annual leave entitlement of 30, 35 or 42 days (dependent on contract), plus bank holidays
- Flexible working hours
- Free 'healthy' breakfast- (dependant on campus)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee wellbeing spaces
- Childcare vouchers
- Credit Union
- Family friendly policies
- Access to mental health support and advice
- Free eye tests and healthcare schemes
- Free car parking
- Starbucks - dependant on campus
- Food outlets catering for a variety of choices, including Level 6 restaurant (Bispham Campus)
- Access to discounted on-site facilities including:
- Hair and beauty treatments
- Office and printing services
Responsible to: Director of Higher Education
Responsible for: Safeguarding of academic standards and compliance with academic and industry regulations.
Co-ordinates with: Heads of Curriculum Area, HE Curriculum Managers, Programme Leaders, Senior Tutors Higher Education (HE) and Teaching and Learning and cross college colleagues.
Teaching Commitment: To undertake a nominal number of teaching/staff development hours annually
- Through proactive collaboration with academic colleagues, as a senior member of staff, provide an authoritative source of advice on internal and external regulatory frameworks to safeguard academic standards in Higher Education
- To work closely within the H E Directorate and cross College colleagues such as HR to ensure that there are appropriate opportunities for all academic and support staff to improve their understanding of academic regulations and best practice
- Support the implementation and maintenance of systems to support and enhance key HE business processes such as the HE Annual Programme Review, HE programme approval, amendment and closure and systems associated with the application of academic regulations and the award of degrees
- To work in partnership with Curriculum Managers, Senior Tutors, Programme Leaders and cross College colleagues to assure the highest standard of learning opportunities are available for all learners
- Ensure that the College provision remains compliant with professional body regulations and best practice frameworks
- Manage and facilitate effective assessment, progression and award processes for all provision, including higher and degree apprenticeships, and to work closely with colleagues in the HE Directorate, Management Information & Funding (MI&F), IT Services and Student Administration to ensure that College systems effectively support such processes
- Support validation and accreditation processes, working closely with awarding and professional regulatory standard boards and the HE Directorate.
- Working closely with colleagues in the HE Directorate, MI&F, Marketing, Stakeholder Engagement and Quality & Standards, manage the course information process. Oversee the production and regular updating of key course documentation including Programme handbooks, Programme specifications and Moodle pages, to ensure they are fit for purpose, accessible and trustworthy
- Through active participation in the college quality cycle, working with the curriculum area management team, secure continuous and systematic improvements and enhance the student experience
- Support and deliver staff development sessions as appropriate
- Undertake specific projects as required in support of the role
Standard Responsibilities for all positions in B&FC
- To fully adhere to all college policies and procedures.
- Take appropriate responsibility to ensure the health and safety of self and others.
- Pursue the achievement and integration of equality and diversity throughout all College activities.
- Blackpool and The Fylde College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff to share this commitment.
- To show commitment to the College and its internal and external customers.
- To work co-operatively with colleagues at all times.
- Undertake any other tasks and responsibilities appropriate to the level of this post.
Reward and Benefit Package
To view our full reward and benefit package, please visit our Benefits section.
How to Apply
To apply for this post please complete an Application Form and Application Support Form, once completed please send to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also consider the closing date of this vacancy. If you have any queries please do not hesitate to contact us.