Lecturer - Electrical/Electronic Engineering
Campus: Bispham Campus
Salary: £24,662 - £29,422 pa
Hours: 37 per week
Closing Date: 07/02/2019 - 23:59
Interview Date: TBC
Come and work at Blackpool & the Fylde College where you can enjoy a generous benefits package:
- Continuous Professional Development (CPD) opportunities
- Free courses*
- Competitive pension scheme
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Sports facilities, including a fully-equipped Gym (Bispham Campus)
- Flexible working hours
- Free 'healthy' breakfast- (dependant on campus)
- Family friendly policies
- Access to mental health support and advice
- Free eye tests and healthcare schemes
- Free car parking
- Starbucks - dependant on campus
- Food outlets catering for a variety of choices, including Level 6 restaurant (Bispham Campus)
- Access to discounted on-site facilities including: Hair and beauty treatments, Bakery, Office and printing services.
Summary of Responsibilities:
To assist in the development and delivery of the managed learning of students.
- To be directly involved in the delivery and management of student learning within the Curriculum area.
- To be fully conversant with course regulations and specifications for the defined area thus ensuring conformity and best practice.
- To assist in the development and delivery of related programmes.
- To liaise with other staff to ensure a high standard of teaching and learning.
- To assist with securing quality improvement within the Curriculum area.
- To assist with monitoring student recruitment, retention and achievement and take remedial action where necessary
- To use effectively the systems used in College (electronic or otherwise) to ensure student success, ie e-tracker, Moodle, internal verification etc. (This list is not exhaustive).
- To be responsible for meeting recruitment targets including participation in interviews, Open Days and specific curriculum events.
- To maintain an awareness of Health and Safety at all times and ensure that students are aware of safe practices and procedures.
Standard Responsibilities for all positions in B&FC
- To fully adhere to all college policies and procedures.
- Take appropriate responsibility to ensure the health and safety of self and others.
- Pursue the achievement and integration of equality and diversity throughout all College activities.
- Blackpool and The Fylde College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff to share this commitment.
- To show commitment to the College and its internal and external customers.
- To work co-operatively with colleagues at all times.
- Undertake any other tasks and responsibilities appropriate to the level of this post.
Reward and Benefit Package
To view our full reward and benefit package, please visit our Benefits section.
How to Apply
To apply for this post please complete an Application Form and Application Support Form, once completed please send to email@example.com. Please also consider the closing date of this vacancy. If you have any queries please do not hesitate to contact us.