Department: Leadership, Management and Lifestyle
Campus: Bispham Campus
Salary: £17,355 - £19,368 pro-rata
Hours: 18.5 per week
Closing Date: 19/03/2019 - 23:59
Interview Date: TBC
Come and work at Blackpool & the Fylde College where you can enjoy a generous benefits package:
- Continuous Professional Development (CPD) opportunities
- Free courses*
- Competitive pension scheme
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Sports facilities, including a fully-equipped Gym (Bispham Campus)
- Flexible working hours
- Free 'healthy' breakfast- (dependant on campus)
- Family friendly policies
- Access to mental health support and advice
- Free eye tests and healthcare schemes
- Free car parking
- Starbucks - dependant on campus
- Food outlets catering for a variety of choices, including Level 6 restaurant (Bispham Campus)
- Access to discounted on-site facilities including: Hair and beauty treatments, Bakery, Office and printing services.
Summary of Responsibilities:
To ensure the effective and efficient operation of the curriculum area.
- Accurate inputting of data onto the college computer systems or any related systems, including student information such as applications, bookings, attendance, withdrawals, transfers, non-starters, completions, qualifications on entry, destinations, registers, timetables, curriculum orders.
- Monitoring student attendance, retention and achievement through registers checks and keep updated tracking sheet in order to provide management and statistical reports.
- Maintaining comprehensive audit trails for internal and external audits.
- Proactively arranging and providing administration documentation and support for the Head of Leadership, Management and Lifestyle with regard to FE and HE Exam Boards.
- Ensuring that all students receive an excellent and helpful experience thus promoting our outstanding status.
- Dealing with telephone and personal enquiries relating to the curriculum from staff, existing students and potential students offering or making available the appropriate advice.
- To support the curriculum in providing a professional service at the campus dealing with all enquiries in person, and by telephone for all College activities.
- To undertake any other agreed or associated duties to support the administration work in Leadership, Management and Lifestyle as requested by the Head of Curriculum.
- Although primarily based at the Bispham Campus you may be required to undertake these duties in any of the college's campuses.
- To work flexible hours when required and on some occasions at late notice and undertake early morning and evening duties at time of peak workload, particularly during examination and enrolment periods.
- Complimenting and developing teamwork and participate in team, quality and departmental meetings.
- Undertake staff development to achieving performance for review and appraisal.
- To work towards and contribute to the corporate aims of the college.
Standard Responsibilities for all positions in B&FC
- To fully adhere to all college policies and procedures.
- Take appropriate responsibility to ensure the health and safety of self and others.
- Pursue the achievement and integration of equality and diversity throughout all College activities.
- Blackpool and The Fylde College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff to share this commitment.
- To show commitment to the College and its internal and external customers.
- To work co-operatively with colleagues at all times.
- Undertake any other tasks and responsibilities appropriate to the level of this post.
Reward and Benefit Package
To view our full reward and benefit package, please visit our Benefits section.
How to Apply
To apply for this post please complete an Application Form and Application Support Form, once completed please send to email@example.com. Please also consider the closing date of this vacancy. If you have any queries please do not hesitate to contact us.