Programme Leader - Maritime Operations
Campus: Fleetwood Nautical Campus
Salary: £31,523 - £34,458 per annum (plus scarcity allowance of £3650)
Hours: 37 per week
Closing Date: 09/04/2019 - 12:00
Interview Date: TBC
Come and work at Blackpool & the Fylde College where you can enjoy a generous benefits package:
- Additional scarcity allowance of £3650 per annum
- Continuous Professional Development (CPD) opportunities
- Free courses*
- Competitive pension scheme
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Flexible working hours
- Free 'healthy' breakfast- (dependant on campus)
- Family friendly policies
- Access to mental health support and advice
- Free eye tests and healthcare schemes
- Free car parking
- Starbucks - dependant on campus
- Food outlets catering for a variety of choices
Responsibility for the programmes/ curriculum, including recruitment, curriculum content and quality indicators. To lead the development and quality assurance of all Blended Learning within Maritime.
Principal Duties of this Post:
- To be directly involved in the management of student learning within the curriculum area.
- To be proactive in the quality assurance and improvement of overseas business link.
- To be fully conversant with programmes’/ course regulations and specifications for the defined area thus ensuring conformity and best practice.
- To lead development of Blended Learning Programmes to enhance student experience.
- To be responsible for the completion of the programme review process and Quality Improvement Plan.
- To develop and update learning resources to support the curriculum and improve student experience.
- To actively inform the curriculum content to meet a range of needs and transferable skills.
- To take responsibility for the day to day operational coordination of the course and its delivery.
- To monitor and use the systems used in College (electronic or otherwise) to ensure student success, for example, OneFile, Moodle, Forum, internal verification etc
- To be responsible for meeting recruitment targets for the area, including use of social media in promoting the programmes
- To monitor, report and action as appropriate on a range of quality indicators related to the learner experience. These will include retention, success, value added, student survey outcomes.
- To monitor, report and action as appropriate on the progress of action plans to ensure improvements are brought about in a timely manner.
Standard Responsibilities for all positions in B&FC
- To fully adhere to all college policies and procedures.
- Take appropriate responsibility to ensure the health and safety of self and others.
- Pursue the achievement and integration of equality and diversity throughout all College activities.
- Blackpool and The Fylde College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff to share this commitment.
- To show commitment to the College and its internal and external customers.
- To work co-operatively with colleagues at all times.
- Undertake any other tasks and responsibilities appropriate to the level of this post.
Reward and Benefit Package
To view our full reward and benefit package, please visit our Benefits section.
How to Apply
To apply for this post please complete an Application Form and Application Support Form, once completed please send to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also consider the closing date of this vacancy. If you have any queries please do not hesitate to contact us.