Team Leader - Apprenticeships
Campus: Bispham Campus
Hours: 37 per week
Closing Date: 22/03/2019 - 12:00
Interview Date: 27/03/2019
Come and work at Blackpool & the Fylde College where you can enjoy a generous benefits package:
- Continuous Professional Development (CPD) opportunities
- Free courses*
- Competitive pension scheme
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Sports facilities, including a fully-equipped Gym (Bispham Campus)
- Flexible working hours
- Free 'healthy' breakfast- (dependant on campus)
- Family friendly policies
- Access to mental health support and advice
- Free eye tests and healthcare schemes
- Free car parking
- Starbucks - dependant on campus
- Food outlets catering for a variety of choices, including Level 6 restaurant (Bispham Campus)
- Access to discounted on-site facilities including: Hair and beauty treatments, Bakery, Office and printing services.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- To be responsible for the day to day supervision of staff within their curriculum area – to include staff cover and absence monitoring and reporting.
- To achieve agreed targets for overall and timely achievement
- To develop and maintain effective links with industry and employers characterised by excellent customer service.
- To coordinate the planning, development, delivery, quality assurance and monitoring of apprenticeships performance at industry sector level to maximise efficient use of resources.
- To contribute to growing the College’s apprenticeship provision.
- To manage the delivery of apprenticeships and workplace training, ensuring that delivery, assessment, verification and Health & Safety processes are completed to the highest standards.
- Establish and maintain strong links with employers to support and drive excellent customer service, innovative skill development and delivery and curriculum design.
- To be responsible for the day to day management of courses within their curriculum area and be fully conversant with programme/course regulations and specifications ensuring compliance and best practice.
- To be responsible for conducting staff development reviews for designated staff within their curriculum areas.
- To act as the key point of contact and liaison with the apprentices and their employers and provide employers with a monthly update of the apprentices progress against target.
- To take a leading role in the sector area’s quality framework including Quality Impact Reviews (QIRs), Quality Assurance Meetings (QAMs), Quality Improvement Plans (QIPs) and the Self-Assessment Report (SAR).
- To contribute to Annual Performance Reviews, QIPs and the Self Evaluation Document (SED) in HE as required.
- Ensure actions emerging from the QIRs are fully implemented.
- Implement and monitor the sector IQA strategy including interim and on-going sampling plans in accordance with the College IQA policy and procedure.
- Ensure Learner Record of Achievement (LRA) is fully complete along with supporting evidence before submission to the Quality Team Support.
- Ensure the ‘Learner File’ for the student is fully complete along with supporting evidence before submission to the Quality Team Support (QTS) to ensure accurate and timely upload on to the monthly Individualised Learner Record (ILR) return.
- Lead section meetings and log and monitor completion of actions.
- Prepare for QAM meetings, submit course reviews and monitor completion of QIP targets and actions as part of the QAM process.
- Prepare data and underpinning Learner Record of Achievement (LRAs) and withdrawal paperwork for Exam Boards.
- Ensure that LRAs and withdrawals approved and recorded at Exam Boards are processed immediately.
- Track progress of student career plans on OneFile underpinned with intervention and action as appropriate.
- Undertake regular checks of the standard of career plans, training plans and progress reviews on OneFile underpinned with intervention and action as appropriate.
- Use the College CRM to maintain up to date information about employer contact to help inform curriculum and business planning.
- Conduct stage 1 student disciplinaries.
- To ensure the development of new approaches to delivery, training and assessment to improve the student experience and provide excellent customer service.
- To ensure that overall and timely achievement rates on apprenticeship programmes meet or exceed agreed targets.
- To ensure that students on apprenticeships programmes have complete access to the College support services including learning support, career service as well as information and guidance on, disciplinary procedures, complaints, equal opportunities, safe guarding and Prevent.
- To liaise directly with the curriculum area to ensure that skills coaches receive timely data and information on student progress to inform updating and setting of targets for Individual Learning plans (ILPs) and reviews.
- To coordinate and implement both internal and external Employer and Student Surveys.
- To manage resources to ensure that case loads are allocated efficiently and effectively in line with agreed resource models to achieve high quality and innovative curriculum delivery.
- Participate in professional development and industry updating as appropriate.
- To carry out duties with due regard to the College’s policies on Equality and Diversity, Safeguarding, Health & Safety and Quality Assurance and Professional Standards.
Standard Responsibilities for all positions in B&FC
- To fully adhere to all college policies and procedures.
- Take appropriate responsibility to ensure the health and safety of self and others.
- Pursue the achievement and integration of equality and diversity throughout all College activities.
- Blackpool and The Fylde College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff to share this commitment.
- To show commitment to the College and its internal and external customers.
- To work co-operatively with colleagues at all times.
- Undertake any other tasks and responsibilities appropriate to the level of this post.
Reward and Benefit Package
To view our full reward and benefit package, please visit our Benefits section.
How to Apply
To apply for this post please complete an Application Form and Application Support Form, once completed please send to email@example.com. Please also consider the closing date of this vacancy. If you have any queries please do not hesitate to contact us.